You're never too young or too old to take care of your heart.Make a smart heart choices to help keep your heart beating strong.
A-In you 20s:
- Find a provider and start heart screenings,including blood pressure,choleterol and body mass index.
- Be physically active.If you start the exercise habit ealry,you're more likely to stick with it as you age.
- Don't smoke.Smoke may be the most physically damaging health habit of all.
- Long-term stress can damage your arteries.Find time every day for relaxation.
- Identify any cardiovascular problems in close relatives,such as stroke,heart attack and diabetes.then take preventive steps to reduce your risks.
- Loose the extra pounds.Midlife your metabolism start slowing down,often leading to weight gain.However,exercise burns calories and help boost metabolism.
- Help your arteries with good nutrition: more fruits,vegetables,and whole grains and fewer sweets,saturated fats and trans fats.
- Have your blood sugar checked by age 45.Your provider may suggest it earlier or more frequently if you're at high risk
- Don't skip your heart health screening.
- learn the warning signs of heart attack.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes,five days a week.fit in two to three strengh training workouts weekly.