You can do a lot to prevent type two diabetes.Type 2 is body inability to use insulin properly.Insulin helps your body use glucose from food for energy.Type 2 is the most common form of diabetes,which causes several disabling health problemsEven small changes can make a big difference in preventing type 2.Try these:
- Ask your health care provider about your potential risk,especially if you are obese or have riched age 45.
- Stop smoking.Tobacco use harms your overall health
- Get enough sleep. Too little -an average of five hours or less-may increase insulin resistance and lower glucose tolerance.
- Try to fit in multiple small meals and nutitious snacks at regular times throughout the day.This promotes steady energy and blood sugar levels.
- Plan for daily balanced nutrition which 3 ounces of whole grains,2 cups of fruit,1/2 cups of vegetables and 5-6 ounces of lean meat,poultry or sea food.
- Enjoy low carbohydrates high fiber breads and whole grains produce a slower rise in blood sugar than their highly processed cousins-refined breads and pasta-that are typically low in fiber.
- Move more very day.Activity helps your insulin work better.
- Read food labes on packaged products.Choos options low in added saturated fat and sugar.
- Ask your provider to help you define an action plan.
- Make sure these changes fil well into yourdaily life.Given time,you will like the results and even enjoy your new habits.
Prediabetes LevelsAblood sugar test at regular intervals is of utmost importance, even if there are no virtual symptoms of diabetes. It is because even a slight increased value is associated with risks for heart disease, stroke and eye problems. Thus, doctors are very concerned about these levels. If the fasting blood glucose levels falls between 100 and 126 mg/dl (normal being 100 mg/dl), it is considered as prediabetes. The prediabetes blood glucose level when measured after 2 hours of having meals is 140-199 mg/dl.